The Medical Operations Portal
The Medical Operations Portal was created to help clinicians provide more effective patient care while reducing redundant
work. Available on the intranet and through Virtual Private Network (VPN) access, this portal includes a number of specialized
SharePoint sites, including:
- A Formulary Guide: The Formulary Guide helps enable clinicians to quickly search thousands of medications across
many healthcare plans to find the best and most affordable prescriptions for their patients.
- Care Protocol: The Care Protocol site provides current care protocol information, and helps enable clinicians to
accurately follow procedures and practices established by senior medical staff to provide the best, overall evidence-based
- Medical Internet Sites: A list of external medical resource sites is managed and updated by senior medical staff.
- Clinical Bulletins: A site where senior medical staff can post articles and information on “hot topics” in healthcare,
including new drugs and treatments, drug recalls, and public health issues.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): HealthCare Partners is one of the few non-hospital groups with Category One Accreditation
for CME. This site provides a full calendar of medical classes, lectures, and other educational opportunities for clinicians.
According to Dan Temianka, M.D., Medical Director, Quality Management, HealthCare Partners, “The MedOps [Medical Operations]
Portal has proven to be invaluable for real-time communication of important clinical information to our entire staff.”